Thursday, September 7 to Friday, September 8, 2018
The Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
220 Gord Canning Drive
Blue Mountains, Ontario, L9Y 0V9
The Ontario Hospital Association (OHA) will be holding its annual Health Care Leadership Summit for CEOs and Board Chairs on September 6 and 7 in Blue Mountains.
A robust conversation about leadership underpins this year’s Health Care Leadership Summit, and discussion will include:
- The nature of leadership that has guided us to this point, and whether these same capabilities and qualities are sufficient to lead us into the future;
- Building relationships with the new government and advocacy strategies for ending hallway medicine in Ontario;
- The notion of “bold” leadership required to navigate and succeed in the Ontario system;
- Leading extra muros in the emerging world of integration of care;
- Leading the ethical organization when the questions are ever more complex and multi-faceted; and,
- The dearth of “leadership-ready” talent in the pipeline, and the challenges of building, attracting and retaining leadership for the system, not only for our organizations.
Our conversation will harness and engage the power of sector leaders as a collective to address the leadership imperatives facing us all. Facilitated by Dr. Andy Smith, President and CEO of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, summit conversations will be led by:
Dr. Ross Baker, Professor Program Lead, Quality Improvement and Patient Safety, Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto, and author of High Performing Healthcare Organizations: Delivering Quality by Design
Jocelyn Berard, Senior Vice President and National Practice Lead, Optimum Talent, and author of Accelerating Leadership Development
Dr. Andrew Garman, Professor, Department of Health Systems Management College of Health Sciences, Rush University, and co-author of Exceptional Leadership – 16 Critical Competencies for Healthcare Executives
Dr. Jennifer Gibson, Director Joint Centre for Bioethics, University of Toronto
Dr. Jack Kitts, President and CEO, The Ottawa Hospital
Dr. William Nelson, Associate Professor of the Dartmouth Institute, Dartmouth Geisel School of Medicine, and co-editor of Managing Healthcare Ethically
…and more, including an in depth look at Ontario’s new government.
The opportunity to speak candidly and the freedom to share ideas openly is important for this retreat. This year’s Leadership Summit is open exclusively to CEOs and Board Chairs of Ontario hospitals and Local Health Integration Networks, and four sponsor organizations.
Register now. Save the date. Be a part of the conversation that will shape the future of hospital and healthcare leadership in Ontario.
More Details Here