Launching an awareness-building campaign across three provinces: Hypertension Canada
Hypertension Canada enlisted Santis Health to plan three provincial lobby days in Alberta, Manitoba and Ontario in May 2017 coinciding with World Hypertension Day on May 17.
Santis led the planning and management of the three events, which included coordinating a lunchtime education reception for members of Hypertension Canada and experts to connect with MLAs and MPPs while raising awareness of the importance of blood pressure screening, as well as the prevalence and severity of hypertension across Canada.
What Santis Did
Santis led all aspects of the planning and management of the activities for each lobby day. Santis also provided strategic counsel and oversight on event materials, including educational and promotional materials.
The assignment involved:
- Determining event logistics and securing meeting space in each Legislative Building
- Drafting reception invitations and letters of support, and managing the list of attendees
- Identifying key political leaders to champion the event
- Providing up-to-date contact information for key political leaders
- Approaching parties for acknowledgement in the provincial legislature
- Drafting the event agenda, itinerary of activities and instructions
In each province, dozens of MPPs and MLAs and their staff members joined the education receptions and participated in the blood pressure screening clinics. World Hypertension Day and the efforts of Hypertension Canada were also acknowledged in all three Legislatures by:
- Dr. Eric Hoskins, Minister of Health and Long-Term Care, in Ontario;
- MLA Dr. Alan Lagimodiere, Legislative Assistant to the Minister of Health, in Manitoba;
- MLA Dr. Bob Turner in Alberta.
MLAs and MPPs also amplified Hypertension Canada’s message by mentioning their event on Twitter.
Our Work In Action
Your Team is amazing. You stand out because you scoped the work up front, considered how it fit within your current portfolio, and then follow through on every single step and deliverable. I suppose that’s what all organizations should do, but they don’t. Santis Health does. I’m so thoroughly impressed, and grateful. It is a PLEASURE to work with your Team.
Angelique Berg, Chief Executive Officer, Hypertension Canada